AGL Consulting is one of the leading geotechnical engineering consulting firms in Ireland. We are an independent Irish-owned company based in Dublin. The company was set up in January 2001 by Dr. Eric Farrell and Conor O’Donnell to provide expert consulting and design services in the fields of Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology.
Our core design services include:
- Foundation design – piling and spread footings.
- Earth retaining structures and excavation support systems
- Tunnelling, micro-tunnelling and pipe-jacking
- Earthworks design for civil works
- Slope stability analysis in soil and rock
- Ground anchors and anti-flotation tension piles
- Ground improvement techniques
- Geotechnical Instrumentation
- Desk studies and walkover surveys
- Environmental Impact Statements (Soils & Geology)
- Ground Investigations
- Geotechnical Interpretive and Design Reports
We also provide specialist geotechnical services in:
- Geotechnical Risk Management
- 2D and 3D Finite Element Analysis
- Groundwater modelling
- Construction over soft ground.
- Temporary works designs.
- Construction dewatering
- Expert witness for arbitration & conciliation.
Since its inception, AGL has worked on a diverse range of projects including tunnels, waterfront structures, motorways, flood control schemes, pipelines, water treatment systems, power stations, windfarms and large scale commercial and residential developments. We have worked on many of the technically challenging landmark civil projects in Ireland including the Dublin Port Tunnel, Limerick Tunnel PPP Scheme, Corrib Onshore Gas Pipeline and Dublin Port Alexandra Quay Development.
We have been involved in the earthworks design for over 150 km of motorways around Ireland, and the geotechnical design of a large number of windfarm projects, many of which had challenging geotechnical conditions on unstable upland blanket peat bogs or reclaimed tidal mudflats. We have provided expert geotechnical design services for large commercial developments with deep basements in congested urban settings such as the Dublin Central Shopping Centre and the Dundrum Town Centre.
Through our work we have gained extensive and invaluable experience in design and construction in a variety of ground conditions throughout Ireland, the UK and abroad. Our clients include many of the leading large civil contractors in the country, as well as a number of engineering consulting firms, local authorities, and property developers.
It is our mission to the deliver technically innovative and cost-effective geotechnical designs to our clients on-time and to the highest international standards of excellence, quality and safety.